Refund

Cheesiechaz101
Contributor
Contributor
So an instagram account sells shoes online and I wanted to buy a pair so I was told to send money to an account on PayPal, the sent me a receipt and so on and so fourth. After about 4 weeks I never received the shoes and I have already been emailing me prior asking where my shoes are and what not and I am trying to get a refund through PayPal can this happen or no??
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately, @Cheesiechaz101, PayPal's Purchase Protection isn't covered if it wasn't sent through a PayPal invoice or sent as a "goods or services." If they didn't have you purchase through an invoice on PayPal or through PayPal's checkout process or you didn't send it as a "goods or services" on PayPal's desktop website, then that means the seller has avoided PayPal's selling fees. If that's the case, then open a dispute by doing the following:

1. Login to PayPal
  2. Towards the bottom of the page, click on a link that says "Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center" that's in the "More about your account."
  3. Click on "Report a Problem."
  4. Click the transaction you want to report and click "Continue."
  5. Select the appropriate instance.
  6. Follow the steps to report the transaction.

Let me know how it goes! I would love to hear what happens!

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Cheesiechaz101
Contributor
Contributor
I did put it as a “goods and services” and I did go through pay pal services. But I went about the dispute and it didn’t work because they said that my payment was authorized and I think they thought I put it as unauthorized? It just sucks I’m down $300. I guess I’ll go to my bank now.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cheesiechaz101

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find thats not true then the claim would be closed.
You need to give customer services a call and explain you opened the wrong dispute and see if they will open a claim for you for the correct reason.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.