Refund

Butterflies74
Contributor
Contributor

I had a dispute abount an unauthorized purchase on my account. I submitted a claim on 12/5, I assume it was found in my favor bc the case has been closed  on 12/6 and no other information was requested. How long does it take to get the refund? Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What makes you think it was closed in your favor?

What notification did you get from PayPal?

What is the status in the resolution center?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What makes you think it was closed in your favor?

What notification did you get from PayPal?

What is the status in the resolution center?

Login to Me Too

Butterflies74
Contributor
Contributor
The staus in resolution center is closed. I receive an email stating that they did find it was an unauthorized purchase.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of the transaction?  What really happened?  The entire process is important.

Login to Me Too

Butterflies74
Contributor
Contributor
They only thing the email was that they had determined the activities on my account were unauthorized. I noticed I had a charge in my account that I didnt make, there was no record of that purchase under my activities so I started a dispute and they was the response I received and the case is closed
Login to Me Too

Jguynes
New Community Member
I was denied refund because they said I placed the order. I haven't received the product and don't know what company it was ordered through.
Login to Me Too

Butterflies74
Contributor
Contributor
They agreed with me that it was an unauthorized purchase. Im just wondering how long it takes to get a refund.
Login to Me Too

Keizizity
Generally it takes 3-5 business days before you can get your refund back. If you use your card for the purchase it will be credited back to your card. But sometimes it takes 30 days depending on your card issuer when paypal already sent out the request. If you use PP balance or your bank, it will go directly to your PP balance. Please check the link. https://www.paypal.com/ph/selfhelp/article/how-can-i-view-the-status-of-my-paypal-payment-refund-faq...
Login to Me Too

Keizizity
If you paid with your credit card, the money will go back to your card. (It can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.) If you paid with your PayPal balance or bank account, the money will be returned to your PayPal balance.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.