Refund reversed from buyer after returning item

Srobinson195
Contributor
Contributor
As I (the buyer) recently opened a dispute to an item (iPhone 7 Plus) that i received that wasn't as described, paypal asked me to return the item. They stated that a refund would be given when the tracking number was received. The next day I went to the post office and uploaded the tracking number. Some days after the item was being sent back to the seller, I saw on PayPal a message that stated, "We have no postal address on file". I thought that's strange because the seller had a return address on their PayPal and they also gave a different first name under the return name for the item. After the item was at the post office, The money was refunded to my account but i noticed from the tracking that the parcel was picked up at the post office, it wasn't delivered to the sellers home like I thought it would be. 8 minutes later, I see that the payment is being reversed. It's like I have the crappy end of the stick because I sent back the item, provided a tracking number and now the seller gets to keep my money on top of that. Paypal sent me an email yesterday stating that they're in favor of the seller, but can this seller actually do that? It's to the point to where PayPal has said that I can no longer have access to Paypal because of this.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have to use the return address Paypal gives you,do you still have that email from Paypal?

what does your tracking show?

does it say delivered?

if 750 or more,was it signed for?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can always file chargeback with your cc issuer,tell them this seller is a crook and play games with his return address,show them the tracking etc.

if you win,he wil be smacked with a $20 charge back fee.

Unlike Paypal which uses robot and human,your cc issuer should have a life person reviewing your case.

Login to Me Too

Srobinson195
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I still have the eBay email and the tracking number. It says the seller picked up the item from the post office. I don’t see if it was signed or anything so I’m not for sure if the seller or someone on his behalf picked it up. I woke up the next day to an email from PayPal saying that my account is permanently limited so I can’t never use it again because of this situation. When I called PayPal the next morning, they stated that the seller told them he received a different item instead of what he was suppose to receive and sent pictures. The first representative I talked to also said he filed a police report. I spoke to a different representative later from the security department. She stated my account could be reinstated when I email the compliance department and return the money. I did those two thing but received an email saying their decision was final. At this point I’m not sure what to do. I feel like anyone could say they received something and place it there to say it’s something else. Not sure what to do at this point besides to just take it as a lost
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.