Refund policys for ecommerce shop

nicoliX
Contributor
Contributor

I have a 7 days refund policy according to my refund policy stated on my ecommerce site. I offer payments with PayPal which I know has it's own refund policies.

There are two policies, as PayPal offer their own. Which one is valid if the customers checks out with PayPal? And what can I do do override the PayPal policy?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

It's an issue however, if you agree to use PayPal, you agree to their policies - there's really no work around.  If you're a buyer, it's a good policy however, it is a bit unfair to sellers. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy - it gives the buyer up to 180 days to request a refund.   As for how you would override their policy, not sure you can as it's part of the User Agreement.

Login to Me Too

nicoliX
Contributor
Contributor

I have my own refund policy according to EU laws. 

How does PayPal think here, just because I use their payment gateway they can override my stated policy on my website?

If I sell a shirt and the buyer refunds it after 180 days, in the fashion world that shirt might now be unfashionable and hard to sell.

There must be a way to use PayPal without their Buyers Protection if you just incorporate it as a payment gateway and not as a service for refunds.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

It's an issue however, if you agree to use PayPal, you agree to their policies - there's really no work around.  If you're a buyer, it's a good policy however, it is a bit unfair to sellers. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.