Refund of deposit

pv0015
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay auction - seller wrote "NO ACCIDENTS" in big letters in title

Got there and the thing was clearly in prior accidents to the FRONT AND REAR, and screws were in place above the rear bumper.

Clearly item is not as described.  But, the 500.00 deposit is non-refundable - which I understand IF the item was as described.

Paypal did not issue me a refund after escalating - this makes no sense its as if they are perpetuating fraud.

Why would I not be issued a refund if the item was grossly misrepresented??  If this is the case, this guy can do the same thing to a hundred other people and Paypal is OK with it?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How did you pay, goods/services or family/friends?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi pv0015,

I'm sorry to hear about this recent experience. Our teams would be happy to look into your available options if you can reach out to us directly. Our teams can be reached by clicking on 'contact us' at the bottom of any PayPal page or on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance.

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

pv0015
Contributor
Contributor
Already tried doing what you suggested. Paypal wants nothing to do with helping our son getting his deposit back from a thief. I'm disgusted by Paypal's response and lack of desire to help do the right thing. Paypal protected this guy while he stole $500.00 from our 17 year old son. We paid with Paypal thinking you'd protect us if the item was not as described. Paypal did nothing to protect us and refuses to refund our son. Shame on Paypal and corporate greed.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Was you son using his account or was he using your account?   Details matter.  If it was your acocunt, the it's your responsibility.  If it was his acocunt, then so be it as he was under 18.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.