Refund canceled twice - no resolution option

akeller1862
Contributor
Contributor

I was supposed to be refunded through a paypal transfer, but the refund bounced twice and was never completed. I tried to put in a resolution claim but paypal wouldn't take it. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Refunds are made from a transaction for a purchase.  

Money sent as family/friends/gift is not really a refund for a transaction.f

What really happened?

Login to Me Too

akeller1862
Contributor
Contributor

The refund is shown as green with a mark through it. It was payment for goods that were never received. One half of the money was refunded, but that was a seperate transaction. The original transaction mentions the refund attempt.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How many purchase transactions were made?

Login to Me Too

akeller1862
Contributor
Contributor

Two. One was refunded, one was not. (The unsuccessful was attempted twice but both times the bank account the funds were coming from rejected it.)

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What did you purchase with each transaction separately?

Why were you supposed to be refunded?

Login to Me Too

akeller1862
Contributor
Contributor

The refund was because the item was never delivered. There were two transactions because one was a deposit and the second was the balance.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

One transaction, 2 transasctions, one deposit, one balance, item not delivered,  refund by transfer, refund bounced.

I cant' figure out the chronology of what happened.  Time for me to give up on help.

Login to Me Too

akeller1862
Contributor
Contributor

Let me make this a little more straightforward.

I send money to a person who I am interested in buying an item from. I only have some of the money, so I send one part as a deposit and then send the rest later.

Seller informs me they cannot deliver item. First deposit is refunded. Second one is attempted to be refunded twice, but each time the bank says there's not enough balance in the account for the money to be refunded. Money is still not there.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If each payment was sent for goods/services, then just file a dispute for both as item not received.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.