Re: Pending Balance

ElaineGordon31
New Community Member

Hello,

I purchased some soccer shoes on ebay and i then received an email saying that there was none left in my size, so he said he would give me a refund, i then received the refund email from paypal saying that i was refunded, but i do not see any money in my paypal balance, how do i know if the refund was sent?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi ElaineGordon31,

Welcome to the forums! 🙂

If the seller refunded you, you will see a line in your recent history that says that a refund was made. It's the safest way to be sure.

If you made the original purchase using a bank as a payment source and the refund was made within a few days of the payment, the refund will be held until your original payment fully clears from the bank. Then you can spend or withdraw it from your balance, or even leave it in there. (For smaller amounts, I like to leave it in there and forget about it so when I see something I want to buy online and I go to pay for it, it's like a little surprise for me. 🙂 It's like finding money in your pockets when you're doing laundry.)

If you made the payment using your credit card as a payment source, the credit would have gone directly back to your card. There will be a line showing that activity in your transaction history.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Pascalrsu
Contributor
Contributor

In the same order of idea, I've been refunded from a seller, and I see the refund on my paypal account with the number of transaction and it says it was tranfered on my credit card. the problem is, I've not been refunded on my credit card. Is there any delay?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Pascalrsu,

Welcome to the forums!

There is generally a small delay. Usually it's 24-72 hours, but it could be a full billing cycle. Has it appeared yet?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.