Random email

LinaRoy
Contributor
Contributor
You submitted an order in the amount of $428.99 USD to Jeg's Automotive, Inc. Thanks for using PayPal. Please note that this is not a charge. Your account will be charged when the merchant processes your payment. You may receive multiple emails as the merchant processes your order. Your funds will be transferred when the merchant processes your payment. Any money in your PayPal account at that time will be used before any other payment source.If the payment was not authorized by you Login here and cancel the payment in order to get full refund. To see the full transaction details, log in to your PayPal account. Merchant Jeg's Automotive, Inc Instructions to merchant You haven't entered any instructions. Shipping address Shipping details The seller hasn’t provided any shipping details yet. Description Unit price Qty Amount Order #61554285 Item# $428.99 I’ve have received this email saying I bought something and I didn’t. I checked my transactions on PayPal and amazon no such transactions. It wants me to log in to cancel order but I am afraid it’s a scam to get my info. Can you help me please
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LinaRoy

Its a spoof, DO NOT USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email to ''cancel'' the transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.