Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 


New Community Member


The seller just contacted me that he had lost or misplaced the item before even shipping it. He agreed to give me my full refund but the purchase is pending according to him. According to me, my purchase was completed. How would we both go about this? Should I wait 7 days to open a case? I requested the amount paid via paypal with his permission but he claims that the payment for the item is still pending so he will not refund me until the amount goes through. Since I will not be receiving the item I am convinced that I must wait 7 days after the transaction to 

Volunteer Advisor

Re: REFUND?!??

Fortunately, @shavea, sellers are required to have a PayPal business account if they want to accept PayPal payments. Which means that if it's complete on your PayPal activity then it should be available and complete in his PayPal account - unless he transferred it to another bank. (Whoops!) Let him know that he can do the following on a desktop for any type of payment (and I mean any type of payment or transfer):

  1. Login to PayPal.
  2. Go to "Activity."
  3. On the next page, select the transaction he would like to refund.
  4. Within the "Transaction details" there should be a link that says "Issue a refund." Go ahead and click on it. For those who live in the USA, it would be under "Payment details" where the purchase total, shipping, etc. would be. If he doesn't see it then it's either a technical issue (which should be reported to PayPal technical support) or he's lying - you would never know which one is the truth.
  5. At this point, the seller should follow the next pages until they're done.

Unfortunately, refunds can only be sent on PayPal's desktop website if it's going to be initiated through PayPal instead of a website like eBay.


If he's unable to send you a refund, then you should submit a dispute within 180 days (NOT business days) by doing the following:

  1. Login to PayPal.
  2. Towards the bottom of the page, click on a link that says "Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center" that's in the "More about your account."
  3. Click on "Report a Problem."
  4. Click the transaction you want to report and click "Continue."
  5. Select the appropriate instance.
  6. Follow the steps to report the transaction.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!