Question about refunds

JohnnyTaco
Contributor
Contributor

Recently me and about 10 others contributed to help keep our gaming community afloat. After the limit was reached and exceeded both the site and the servers went down. Is there any point in trying to dispute this or am I boned?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you really made the payment with your credit card, then the transaction should show on your online credit card statement, so that's the place to look for your end of the deal.  Where the funds ended up is not your issue; thats for the seller to manage.  If the seller processes a refund it will be from his transaction and the funds would take a return trip to where you originated the account.

If you need to file a dispute it would be according your buying transaction, wherever that appears.

I'm still not sure you are explaing exactly how you made the purchase and why you thought it should be in your PayPal account.  I'm guessing it had soemthing to do with the cart payment system set up on the web site.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What specific transactions do you want to dispute?

Login to Me Too

JohnnyTaco
Contributor
Contributor

My transaction? 20 bucks to help with his servers. He didn't keep his word I want it back.  I dunno if its relevant but hes sitting on 120ish from other people too.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of your transaction?  How did you pay?  What were you supposed to get in return?

Login to Me Too

JohnnyTaco
Contributor
Contributor

We were told if we chipped in the gaming servers would be kept running. I used paypal to pay but I didn't use my account just the bank card.  Sorry i'm new to this no ones ever ripped me off in this way before.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So how did you use your bank card?

What are the details of the transaction as it appears in your Paypal account?

What web site did you use?

Even more details are important.  No one can read your mind or see you computer monitor so you need to describe actions accurately and specifically if you want help.

Login to Me Too

JohnnyTaco
Contributor
Contributor

What do you mean how did I use my bankcard? I used it to pay him 20 bucks via paypal I just kinda clicked a button, typed 20, and hit enter (http://surefyregaming.com/). There are no transsactions tied to my account because the account was not used to pay him. I can no longer access the website I used to pay because he banned after I got ignorant about it.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If there is no PayPal transaction, then it's not a PayPal issues.

Ify paid directly with a credit card, then you need to work with your credit card bank.

Login to Me Too

JohnnyTaco
Contributor
Contributor

I assumed since he had the money paid to his paypal account it would be a paypal issue. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you really made the payment with your credit card, then the transaction should show on your online credit card statement, so that's the place to look for your end of the deal.  Where the funds ended up is not your issue; thats for the seller to manage.  If the seller processes a refund it will be from his transaction and the funds would take a return trip to where you originated the account.

If you need to file a dispute it would be according your buying transaction, wherever that appears.

I'm still not sure you are explaing exactly how you made the purchase and why you thought it should be in your PayPal account.  I'm guessing it had soemthing to do with the cart payment system set up on the web site.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.