Problems with Ebay buyer

Njjbosse
New Community Member
Sold an item on Ebay in September (3 months ago) immediately after winning the auction buyer contacted me in an attempt to negotiate the very reasonable shipping cost ($4.50) i declined her suggestion to ship through an untracked option, and instead offered to cancel her bid if she felt the item was too costly. Eventually she agreed to the original terms of the sale and I shipped out her item on 9/28. I hadn't heard from the seller since. On Tuesday 12/19 she emailed me, claiming some packaging material was stuck to the item (a vintage silk dress) upon arrival(again, in September) and that she damaged the item in an attempt to remove the material. I offered her a full refund upon return of the dress, even though the 30 day return window ended 2 months ago. Seller refuses to return the dress, saying she does not want to pay return shipping, and is now threatening to open a claim against me through paypal for the cost of the dress. I feel she is being unreasonable, and the claim may damage my ability to access funds in future sales. If i ignore the sellers messages, and she follows through with her shoddy claim to paypal, am I likely to win the claim, or be out the dress, the money, and the reputation I have built as an honest seller?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.