Problems authenticating 2FA token

cableghost
Contributor
Contributor

In the process of attempting to authenticate my 2FA Symantec VIP app token, I continue to receive the followuing error message..."We were unable to authenticate the 6-digit codes you entered".

I been trying for the past few days.

I have attached a couple screenshots.

Any suggestions?

paypal_vip_1.JPGpaypal_vip_2.JPG

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

drdigi
New Community Member

I have the same problem.
I also contacted the customer support but they could not help me.
They did not even know that it goes with Vip Access and wanted to bring me constantly to the SMS safety key.

Has anyone here a solution to the problem?

Login to Me Too

Armin4

Not 100% sure if this applies but I read in a German forum that support of Symantec VIP Access has been discontinued by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

cableghost
Contributor
Contributor
It would sure be nice if SOMEONE from PayPal would let us know.
Text message 2FA is not really that safe. Not certain why they don't allow for use of 2FA apps, like Authy.
Login to Me Too

stopfiddling
Contributor
Contributor

They had real, secure 2FA with a keyfob or Symantec Verisign VIP app, but they downgraded users to SMS only - which NIST has phased out because it's not secure at all. I contacted their customer "service", and the rep immediately blamed eBay for severing the relationship with Symantec (ie, not paying the bill).  You see, Paypal was founded on a solid foundation of greed and deception, and as they are publicly traded and answer only to shareholders, they traded customer security - which costs them money - for greater profits and fat executive bonuses. We are less safe because they must have more yachts. They know that they have a monopoly and nobody will say a thing or do a thing to stop it. Have I made myself clear?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.