Possible scam from a buyer, what should I do?

fio_stripes
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a vinyl through Discogs and received payment through paypal on June this year. I sent the item and the buyer asked me for a refund because he says it was not in good conditions (I have pictures of the item and I listened to it so I know that it was fine, exactly as I said on my publication on the site) Anyway, I agree to refun him (what else could I do?) but asked for the item to be send back first (it is a 70 pounds simple, hard to find). The buyer told me that he was sending it on september but it never arrived and now he is filing a claim on pay pal. So clearly he wants to get a refund AND keep the simple. I'm done sending him emails, I want to do something more definitive because it's been months. 

What should I do? 

Regards and thanks. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
He must have tracking number for the returned item and it must show "Delivered" in order for him to get refund.
Login to Me Too

fio_stripes
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, great, and he has to prove that he send it to my country, right?

thanks!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Since he filed a dispute with PayPal you need to provide PayPal with any and all requested documentation to support your case.

For not as described he will be required to return the item at his expense with tracking to show delivery.  If there is no tracking to show return delivery then PayPal will give a refund.

If would help if you gave more chronological details.

Login to Me Too

fio_stripes
Contributor
Contributor

He asked for a refund and that I pay for it. I said ok but please send it first (because I know that simple is in good conditions). He said Ok. We agree to communicate once I arrived from my holidays, when I arrived he said he was sending the item on the 26th but it never arrived and as I was still waiting for it, he opened the case. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.