Possible phishing scam

K8eeabrams
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I received this email today from <removed> PayPal We'd love to hear from you. Hello (I’ve omitted my name), At PayPal we are always interested in learning from our customers. We value your opinion and would like to invite you to participate in a survey about your business and payment needs. Your feedback will help us to enhance your PayPal experience. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts. To complete this 10-15 minute survey, simply click on the button below. Survey period begins 12 September 2017 at 12:00:00 a.m. US PT; Ends 31 October 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. US PT. Upon qualified completion of the survey, we would like to offer you Starbucks coffee on us. Please allow up to 4-6 weeks to receive your $30 Starbucks virtual gift card. We will email the link to download the incentive using the email address used to invite you to take part in this market research opportunity. Reward Terms and Conditions Take the Survey Or click here It is commissioned by focus vision inc. Can anyone tell me if it may be legit or just phishing? Thank you all in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

josh8587
New Community Member

I received this message after submitting the email to PayPal:

"Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support.

After further review this is not a legitimate PayPal email or survey. I will forward this information to our fraud department so that they can investigate further."

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

suebro
Contributor
Contributor

I got this too.  Can a Paypal employee respond as to whether or not this is legit?

Login to Me Too

mfleij
Contributor
Contributor

I received this as well. Would also like to know if this is legit.

Login to Me Too

smartmktg
Contributor
Contributor

I received the same email. I wanted to know the same.

Login to Me Too

Conniehamilton
Contributor
Contributor
Anybody heard anything yet?
Login to Me Too

ncday
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't heard anything. I found an old post from 2011 with a similar website, that said it was legit... I clicked on the link and now it says the survey is closed despite the email saying it is open through October 31.

Login to Me Too

its-Dannyg
New Community Member

Same here!

Ever since I got my other accounts hacked and shut down, so I am very skeptical on some Paypal emails that I get. I hope they can respond to this issue!  

Login to Me Too

pliniodepaula

Hi.

I've checked for the survey e-mail address domain and it seems it's legit and registered under PayPal Inc.:

https://www.markmonitor.com/cgi-bin/affsearch.cgi?dn=paypal-survey.com

https://www.markmonitor.com/cgi-bin/affsearch.cgi?dn=paypal.com

My survey e-mail also mentions that PayPal hired FocusVision Inc.

From their website https://www.focusvision.com/ seems quite a respectable survey company.

If this is a scam, aside from the suspicious e-mail address, it's a quite well done one.

Still PayPal should really reply to these survey scam doubts in Community.

Login to Me Too
Solved

josh8587
New Community Member

I received this message after submitting the email to PayPal:

"Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support.

After further review this is not a legitimate PayPal email or survey. I will forward this information to our fraud department so that they can investigate further."

Login to Me Too

Conniehamilton
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Good to know.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.