Possible Scam? (SOLD CSGO INGAME ITEM)

CjLP

I sold an ingame item, a counter strike global offensive knife through paypal and he said he sent the money, i got an invoice email from paypal but it says marked as paid.

Here are some other screenshots, can anyone help me with this its been almost 5 hours and i haven't received the credits.

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

If your are the seller, you are the one who sends an invoice to the buyer - "an invoice is a list of goods sent or services provided, with a statement of the sum due for these; a bill which is sent to the buyer by the seller".   Sorry but, most likely you have been scammed and the info you received was a spoof.

Login to Me Too

CjLP

Is there any way paypal can help with this, taking him down, suspending his account, getting the money or just anything to help?

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

If you don't have proof that you sold something - it's a moot point.   Sending the buyer an invoice is proof however, selling of intangible, non-physical, items, including digital goods, and services is not covered under Seller Protection. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.