Phishing?

Sheide
Contributor
Contributor

I received a text message from PayPal telling me my account was suspended pending confirmation of personal details. It does not address me by name. It claims to be PayPal Secure and their number is <removed>. Unfortunately I clicked on the link which took me online and asked me for my personal details. That's when I realized this may not be legit. Can anyone confirm my suspicions? (Also logged in to my account online to see if the message was there but it's not. And I checked for an email from PayPal but nothing there either.)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Lynds86
New Community Member

I received an email from "PayPal" about 5 minutes ago... It was essentially a "confirmation email" saying I bought $310.25 worth of whatever from some website I've never heard of... It was addressed to someone named "<removed>", but I'm female and my name is definitely not <removed>, nor is my email anything similiar. Luckily I didn't use the link to login to PayPal to cancel this payment, and realized it was some kind of scam before I logged into some fake website. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.