Pending Transaction

Shizuka_Ren
Contributor
Contributor

I have been with paypal for 2 years now. I have done business through here seemlessly for a little while now, and haven't had any pending transactions. Now all of a sudden, I sell something to someone and they send me money, and it's pending. If you're wondering, it's digital content that I sell, and it's pending. I am not sure why it's pending. and i thought maybe i could ask the forums before i contacted and hassled through customer service?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@nbambita

Best to reveiw PayPal policies for seller protection.  Click on "legal agreements" at the bottom of the page for details.

PayPal requires online tracking to show delivery.  Lacking proof of delivery the buyer can file a dispute for not received and automatically win.  PayPal hold money because of the high risk of dispute.

Local picktups are best handled with cash.

Using PayPal for local pickups is very high risk of fraud.

I believe eBay has different policies.

Login to Me Too

nbambita
Contributor
Contributor

Item was very large and fragile, could not ship.  Customer paid with paypal to secure the item.  Now i have nothing.

Ill never use paypal again and will not recommend to my friends or family to ever use Paypal. Paypal doesnt care.  Im not going to file a dispute because it would be a waste of my time for not reading all 124 pages of fine print on all the different ways to get **bleep** myself by using Paypal.  Paypal is supposed to make people feel more secure in their transactions, not less because of their own doing.  Everytime I called them, I got a different answer from "You should have your money", "You have your money". "I dont know why you dont have your money" to  "Where is your money"? to "Your money is on hold for 21 days" Wow.  Cant wait to see the day I actually get to see my money. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did the buyer actually file a dispute?

Is the money still on hold?

If no dispute is filed, then you should get your money after 21 days.  However, the buyer could still file a dispute for non-delivery later.

If you get your money, be grateful this was an honest buyer.  In future, cash only for local pickup.  There are a lot of local pickup scammers out there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.