Pending Payment through Invoice, scammed?

chrisbennett
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sent an invoice to a buyer with both a German and US address to his US address. He told me he has a german bank. On the phone with paypal I was made aware that there has been lots of fraud going on through this situation. I have already shipped the item, (a hoodie worth $676 value) and the buyer has it. the funds are still pending and paypal has told me there isnt anything they can do for me. Has anyone else experienced this and can anybody offer me some sort of advice? Obviously I cannot get the hoodie back but this is fraud and is there a way to report it in order to get my payment? I also have an instagram conversation in which he instructed the fraud with the buyer and his account has pictures of him wearing the hoodie that I sent him if that would help me in any case. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You shipped before you had the money.  That's not PayPal's fault, nor is it PayPal's problem.

You should have looked at the details of the transaction on your PayPal activity list to see if it was OK to ship.

Never rely on what a buyer tells you about shipping.

Grailed is known for lots of fraud.

You need to become an expert with PayPal; there are a lot of buyers who are extremely smart, knowledgeable, and savvy about PayPal.  They know how to take advantage of those who are not familiar with all the potential fraud.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.