Paypalsi66 Instant Xfer I did NOT authorize - HELP?

dejaland
Contributor
Contributor

I found two items on my bank account that I DEFINITELY did NOT do...How do I fight this and get a refund. It is from 2013! Going through old statements for tax purposes and had no idea this was done!

08/26 Paypal Inst Xfer 4Tej27Dmzpcec Web ID: Paypalsi66 - 500.00 
08/26 Paypal Inst Xfer 4Tej27Dnvbexn Web ID: Paypalsi66 - 190.00 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Rich

Hi @dejaland,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community forum about this issue. I'm very sorry to hear that these transactions from 2013 were not caught until now! I know that must be alarming.

Regrettably, PayPal offers protection for unauthorized transactions if reported it within 60 days of the unauthorized payment being made. This is consistent with most financial institutions. I would encourage you to reach out to your bank for additional assistance. 

If you have any account-specific inquiries you would like to make, you can reach PayPal customer support by FacebookTwitter, or phone or email.

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

dejaland
Contributor
Contributor

I have over $3,000 in charges that I in no way shape or form authorized. Over $3K! How my bank or Paypal never caught onto these is beyond me. How I never did... Well, I wasn't paying that close of attention... This is entirely unacceptable. How does this happen? Multiple instant xfers...how do I find these users?  What do I do at this point? I am well over the 60 days....

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dustin

Hi @dejaland,

I know this is a frustrating situation and I apologize. At this point, we recommend working directly with your financial institution regarding this issue. The transaction details history in a PayPal account only goes back three years. Please contact PayPal customer service if you need more info about those transactions.

- Dustin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.