Paypal's service team is disrespecting me after a case of fraud

respiren
New Community Member

I woke up this morning to 12 unauthorized purchases of gift cards on my account through ebay: I called ebay for help, and for the payment side of things, they informed me that they would forward their information to paypal, and that paypal would take care of it after ~24 hours. I was totally relieved, except after calling paypal, they opened a case for each individual purchase, then declined every single one after TWO minutes... I've tried calling back 6 or 7 times now but they keep hanging up on me immediately without connecting me to an agent (to my knowledge)

I don't really understand this. I desperately need help, as I'm a 19y/o college student, and $300 is a ridiculously huge blow to me. I feel totally hopeless if my only option is to call paypal, and they are legitimately ignoring me

thank you so so so so so so so  much for any help, seriously, thank you for any assistance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @respiren,

I'm so sorry to hear of the unauthorized activity, and definitely also about the experience that you've had contacting PayPal by phone!

This does sound like something that needs the individual attention of a representative, to determine what happened with the cases. Besides phone, you can reach out by Facebook, Twitter, or email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.