Paypal's purchase protection is worthless

johnnykuz
Contributor
Contributor

In December I ordered a desk from a seller online. I paid over $300 for this desk and when it arrived, only one of two cartons showed up. I contacted the seller who arranged to ship a new one (at an additional charge for the new desk of course) and gave me a return authorization for the original shipment. The seller told me a carrier would contact me to pickup the original carton which weighs 120lbs so it must be shipped freight. This was January 2, 2018. Here we are on Feb 8th 2018, nobody has called me to pick up the item and I'm still out my original purchase of $300+ while being stuck with one carton of a two carton product. I haven't even received the product I'm owed. I opened a dispute with Paypal on Jan 18th and 2 days ago, I received an email from the resolution center saying I'm due a refund, just ship the original item back to get it. It will cost $300+ to ship the original item back!!! So now I have one carton that is worthless without the second carton to complete the desk (second carton is legs, metal hardware, screws, etc) and Paypal is telling me to spend more than I originally paid for the product to send it back to the seller who never shipped the second carton in the first place. What kind of purchase protection is this? The seller has not fulfilled their responsibilities to me to ship the full product and Paypal is not protecting me in any way. There is no way in the resolution center to contact them or get any sort of response that I can work with to get this resolved. I have used & trusted Paypal since their inception, funneled thousands of dollars of purchases through them during this time & this is what I get? Purchase protection is worthless & I'm now convinced Paypal is too. Considering closing my Paypal account and moving on to another vendor. They're just **bleep** me and they don't care at all.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

when you win a dispute of item not as described,you will be asked to return the item with tracking,then you will get the refund(item plus original shipping you paid).

you cannot have the item and your money back.

review your Paypal buyer protection which we should all do when we sign up for its service.

Paypal is more suitable for smaller items,shipped via USPS or any commercial carrier with tracking online.

if this is Ebay transaction,you have 30 days to file INAD and seller will pay return shipping if you win,but Paypal gives you 180 days and you pay return shipping.

Login to Me Too

johnnykuz
Contributor
Contributor

Except that the seller has still not fulfilled their order 6o days after the purchase. The item is a desk and they only shipped one of two cartons. I still have not received the item I ordered and paid for. The seller suggested a return and told me specifically to wait for a call from a carrier to arrange pickup. After weeks of not getting that call, I kept asking for updates from the seller who continued to tell me that the item would be picked up. I opened a dispute with Pp after the seller stopped responding to me and this is where I am. Bottom line, I have still not received my original order in it's entirety & I'm being told to pay more than I paid for the original item to send the partial shipment back. Explain how this is purchase protection!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.