Paypal ruined me - Suicide my last option.

Keshika
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I want to share my aweful experience today. Sold my two audemars watches on ebay for $41k and then after 2 months buyer filed an INR case. Case was closed inmediately on buyer's favor. I responded with tracking number and paypal rep said within 72 hours money will be back in my account. Then yesterday out of the blue, I received this email message : " You provided us with valid tracking information, and as a result, we sent a courtesy email to your buyer requesting that they send you a full refund. If you have not received this refund, please contact the buyer to arrange payment." Shocked I phoned paypal, talked with a rep then to a supervisor and last to a manager and all told me they can do nothing even when I have valid proof then cut me off the line. Buyer is not responding to my emails. I don't know what to do now? I'm considering suicide as my last option to end my frustration. Thanks paypal for taking people's lives.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

SteveOh

Sorry about your experience, but I've never heard of PayPal providing a refund immediately and I've been using them for the past 7-8 Years. Cases stay open for quite a bit and tracking information is automatically pulled from eBay if it was already provided there. They would never ask the buyer (To my knowledge) to provide you a refund after already issuing it to them. If you did everything correctly you should be protected under PayPals Protection Program. 

Also you have the buyers information. You can always take them to court. 

Login to Me Too

Keshika
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly. On 16 Jan a dispute was opened and it was closed immediately and fees were reversed in buyer's favor. When I phoned paypal and gave them the trackig number with signature confirmation, they confirmed the tracking and told me to wait for the transaction money to appear in my account. Instead I received that email saying they have requested a courtesy refund from buyer. I'm really lost. I really don't know how to proceed with court and all these matters. Can you please explain how to take them to court?? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are some situations where Paypal would ask the seller to refund the buyer,instead of covering the loss .

we need to see your tracking details and the signature ,also is the signature of the buyer?

is the address same as address on the payment notice?

There is a case posted last year where the seller lost because the signature is not the same or is not from the address on the payment notice.

Scammers are very smart these days,they know how paypal and ebay protection work,quite a few sellers have lost their expensive watches in the 5 figures,either they return an empty box or a fake watch or leaving the paypal shipping address blank and in the comment section,give you a shipping address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.