Paypal protections for Buyers?

smh1
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order on November 18 with what I found out later was a Chinese company called [Personal information removed due to privacy concerns].  The tracking number I was given shows it was at the post office in China on November 21 but has not moved since then.  I of course have not received it.  I emailed the seller who never responded to me.  I opened a case with Paypal which they have been reviewing since December 14.  It has been almost a month since reporting it to Paypal and almost 8 weeks since the seller took my money.  I thought Paypal had protections for the buyer when they don't receive their purchase?  The seller told me and I quote "Your warrtanty does not cover such situation since we have properly prepared your order and transferred it to the post office for delivery.  It is your courier's responsiblility to transport your package and make sure it is shipped in a timely manner."  I want to send this to Paypal for their review but I can't through the resolution center.  I tried three times to send an email to Paypal through the message center and all three times I got a cut and paste statement that showed they never even read my email.  I want a refund.  I had to buy another gift for Christmas since this never came in and I have no use for it even if it ever is delivered which I really don't see that happening.  What exactly are these so called protections for buyers that Paypal touts cause I have yet to see anything.  Is there anyone on this forum who can help me?  Why is Paypal dragging their feet on getting my refund.  I think it is obvious that if the package hasn't moved since November 21, it is lost.  One lesson I learned was never buy from a Chinese company ever again.  Any help anyone can tell me about these protections and how to contact Paypal about this claim would be helpful.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When you make a purchase you have an obligation to thoroughly research the buyer before you make a purchase.

Now, about the dispute.  When did you open the dispute with PayPal?  What did you actually select as the reason for the dispute?

Did you escalate the dispute to a claim?

Login to Me Too

smh1
Contributor
Contributor

Escalated to a claim Dec 14. Still being reviewed by Paypal. Yes I know I was an idiot to make a purchase from China but that was also why I used Paypal as I thought they offered protections against this. I didn't think it took a month for Paypal to review. Seems pretty open and shut to me. They have the tracking number so it is easy to see the package hasn't moved since Nov 21.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The fact that there is an enroute tracking number may be the reason for a refund delay. I think it's time to phone PayPal customer service and ask for help.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did seller upload tracking?

if not satisified,file chargeback with credit card issuer if you have paid with credit card.

SHIPments from China can take a long time,if he is in rural or far from coast or big city,and US customs delay,but Paypal should act on your case sooner than later

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.