Paypal misjudge

strelock99
Contributor
Contributor

I received this email few days ago: 

We have concluded our investigation into the following claim:
The tracking information you provided was invalid and we were unable to
confirm delivery of the item associated with this claim. As a result, the
case is now considered closed and we are unable to process a refund.
We encourage you to work directly with the seller to find a resolution.

Invalid of what? they day paypal closed the case was the 20th of November, and the shipment updated 2 days later.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

strelock99
Contributor
Contributor

My tracking information is not invalid, it has several updates over this month and a couple of days ago reached GUANGZHOU the part of China which GEARBEST, the seller is located. Everytime that store ships to my country I kindly wait 6 weeks, now paypal wants me to use expensive postal services such as FEDEX? seriously? on top of that the goods I sending them back are undeniably counterfeit and paypal wanted me to return this fake products even though its policies are ''against'' such scams. https://www.head-fi.org/gallery/photo/fake-xiaomi-hybrid-pro-hd-from-gearbest.1872128/

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It sounds like you missed the deadline..

No one twist your arm to buy from China,buying from China is not without risk,infact it SUCKS ,it is your poor judgment which leads you to misery

Login to Me Too

strelock99
Contributor
Contributor

I provided paypal a tracking number. Two days after they closed my case in favor of the seller, the shipment reached GUANGZHOU which is the main area which GEARBEST is located.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

ask your seller to refund you.

you have to understand Paypal is just a payment processor and must follow rules,mainly credit card rules,it cannot just dig some money out of one pocket and give to another,even the court cannot,you may win a case in court,but you have to collect it yourself.

the trcking past the deadline and money is returned to the seller,it would be a credit transaction,Paypal has no right to debit his credit card again.

Now on Ebay,it would just charge  the return shipping cost to the seller Ebay account,not to his credit card but to his Ebay account,if he wants to continue selling on Ebay,he has no choice but to eat it.

(not sure if Ebay would do so with intl return).

try asking the seller to refund you.

Login to Me Too

strelock99
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal told me to send the goods to the seller in order to get my full refund which I did it BEFORE the deadline. Then paypal thanked me for providing the tracking number and finally just after three weeks paypal closed this case unexpectedly while the shipment is about to reach the seller.  

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

light bulb !

did you pay with credit card?

file chargeback,tell them you returned the items and did not get any refund.

present proof you have returned the item at your own expense/

if you want to be nice,tell the seller a chargeback is coming and it would cost him $20 US dollars fee,better refund before you do so.

Login to Me Too

strelock99
Contributor
Contributor

No, dude. I never use credit cards for leisure things. Still don't know why paypal after three weeks declared invalid my tracking number. Maybe they're using inapropiate tracking systems. My package's been delivered by china post. Still, don't know why paypal keeps trolling me.

Login to Me Too

strelock99
Contributor
Contributor

The whole process was like this: 1. bought the item 2. filled a paypal dispute against the store. 3 paypal wanted to return the goods in order to get the full refund. 4 I did it. 5 paypal break its promise and now wants me to deal alone with the seller.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

does your tracking show delivered to seller address?

it must be his address,not china or city or province.

also ,is it delivered after case is closed,then it is too late/

BTW,USPS has a service called priority intl gurantee,it  turns the package over t o Fed Exp and guarantee a certain date of delivery else your money back,but does not refund if it is due to customs delay .

it is cheaper than going to Fed Exp.

but you must ship from designated post office,fed exp driver does not go to all the post offices,he only goes to designated one in later afternoon

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.