Paypal issued refund to paypal balance instead of credit card.

emiliogc93
Contributor
Contributor

Hello people,

I ned some help in this matter. I bought an item through ebay on February 5. It had UK currency so I paid for the item with my credit card (US dollar) via paypal account, so it made the conversion automatically. Anyways, today I received an email detailing that the seller account may have been compromised, so I should Open a request with the Resolution Center and choose, "I bought an item. I haven't received it yet." via the Resolution Center. I did that, and I was unable to do so, since ebay had already deleted the item. So, the only choice I had was to file a complaint directly though paypal, which I did. So, after doing that, paypal had already refunded me the money. The only problem was that the money was refunded to my paypal balance, instead of my credit card. I did paid the item through my credit card, I've never had paypal balance whatsoever. The only idea as to why it might had done that, is because of the conversion from USD to GBP. But it clearly states that any refund should be refunded to the source which I paid from, and the source was my credit card.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.