Paypal closes my case even without Proof of Delivery

cnt9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Item bought through Ebay had signature request at delivery.

Since I was not home, the US Postal Service took it back for me to pick up at the local post office.  They have not been able to find the package after 3 trips down there by me.  Their computer shows it still at the facility but the supervisor admitted it is lost.

The US Postal website show the last status as "Attempted delivery.  Notice was left because an authorized recipient was not avialable."

I explained this in the Paypal resolution center and they went through process of asking seller for proof of shipment, which he provided.  Paypal then closed the case which doesn't make sense since there is no proof of delivery.

And I can't respond to the incorrect closure since Paypal closed the case.  I have the screenshot of the attempted delivery I describe above but due to the case closure, I cannot even send it.

Can anyone advise me on what I can do?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

cnt9
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure how I'm changing my story but I guess it can get confusing for some as there may be different definitions of "arrives".

So to get it clear:

1. Post Office attempted to deliver and needed a signature so they keep it at post office.

2. I go there 3 times and they cannot find it each time.

3. Their computer shows it still at the facility but the supervisor admitted it is lost as they cannot find it (the physical location it is supposed to be).

If you define "arrive" as #1.  Post office tries to deliver it, keeps it at the post office,  then loses it; then I guess you're correct.

But I define "arrive" as the item I bought is in my possession, which it's not.

And I also define "protected" as "item delivered to me", not "item delivered to a place where it won't make it to my possession".

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So what are you doing to fight the verdict?

Login to Me Too

cnt9
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting the same answer from different customer service reps saying "We are very sorry about the outcome but the seller has submitted proof of shipping".

I have to try to get this escalated to supervisor as this is requirement from our local News Station consumer complaint reports department.

Once I get shut down a few more times, I'm going to submit this complaint to
7 On Your Side | Consumer Reports | ABC7 KGO-TV in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Not expecting much but we'll see what happens.

Login to Me Too

tiffmasterq
Contributor
Contributor
I'm on the same boat as you. My package was delivered to a different city with a different zip code yet PayPal still sided with the seller because it's within their "range limit" (15 miles). They denied my claim and appeal. Now I'm waiting for my credit card to do a chargeback investigation and hopefully they can get me my money back. Keep me updated on your result. Seems like no one on their appeals team actually even look at the cases. You should look into suing them in the small claims court as a last resort.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.