Paypal charges on Credit Card

kspunky
Contributor
Contributor

On my last visa bill there are the following Paypal charges:  Paypal *enumber inc for 11.98, Paypal *STUS, for 19,99, Paypal *DRHOTDEAL for 9.19 all on Nov. 30.  Then on Dec. 8 Paypa *ENUMBER INC>  for 17.97 and Paypal *SHANGHAIYIN for 7.94.  I have no idea what these charges are for and if they are fraudulent.  Can anyone help me with this?? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kspunky

If you used your credit card to buy things online but did NOT log in and use paypal BUT your seller processed your payment via their Paypal card reader then it would show as paypal on your card statement BUT not show in your paypal account as you paid as a guest buyer.

Why not ask your card issuer for more info?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Marjoranium
New Community Member
We have the same problem. Whether or not it is fraud just shows how important it is to change passwords regularly. If in doubt change your password.
Login to Me Too

Marjoranium
New Community Member
We have the same problem. Whether or not it is fraud just shows how important it is to change passwords regularly. If in doubt change your password.
Login to Me Too

Jimbo213Mo
Contributor
Contributor

Me Too !

I had 3 charges on my credit card feb 2018 statement:

PAYPAL *CECILDOG <removed> CA 45.00 25-Jan
PAYPAL *DGXS ONLINE <removed> CA 14.50 16-Jan
PAYPAL *HGPAWNENTER <removed> CA 142.00 16-Jan

My credit card company was no help - they couldn't track these purchases back to a merchant

PayPal activity was no help

eBay activity was no help

Amazon activity was no help

I'm not saying they are invalid - I'd just like to reconcile WHAT it was I purchased.

I searched the HELP database and found these are charges where a merchant uses the PayPal system for processing.

I'd like some assistance on how I can trace these [and future] charges back to the merchant.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Jim in Missouri

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.