Paypal SCAM regarding car/bike purchase

Christ0s
New Community Member

I am trying to sell my bike via an online website. Yesterday i got an email from this sender ( <removed> )that is obviously a SCAM. If you get such a proposal, dont waste your time. I post here his email so you can identify the scam directly

The first email was this one:

Hello Friend, 
       Good day to you over there...I'm <removed>, I base in North America (Bahamas) but am presently sailing because I'm a Sailor/Marine Engineer, however I will be back in less than two month. I'm searching on (website) where I found your Item which am interested to purchase for my use when am back to home. I will be happy to buy it but i will not be able to come and view it in your place. Note that i will be responsible for shipping and handling. A shipping company will come to your location for the pick up, and final cost of your item? Kindly provide me with the address where it will be picked up so that i can forward it to the shipping company to calculate the cost of pick up for me.
Best Regards. 

The second email was this one:
Hello Friend,

I just want to inform you that the address as been forward to my shipping company for the calculation of there fees. So about the payment i will like the payment to be made via paypal online secure payment. So i want you to get back to me with your verified PayPal Account Email Address And your full Name Please include your email address in your reply for effective contact, So that i can Deposit the funds now.
1. Your PayPal Full Name
2. Your Paypal E-mail address.
3. Total Cost:
4. Phone Number:
I hope you understand and await your reply soon.
Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks for sharing - great SCAM examples - the buyer is phishing for personal info, wants to use 3rd party shipping company and wants to send you money.  Sellers should be in charge, not buyers.  All "red flags".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.