Paypal Invoice clarification

Forpuccino
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I'm in the process of buying some used desktop components and planning on paying the Seller through the pay for goods and services option to ensure that i can get a refund if they don't send the items, or the wrong items. The Seller asked if they could send me an invoice through paypal for the purchase, If I were to accept and pay the invoice would I be protected if they did not send the items, or broken/incorrect parts.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes, there is purchase protection through PayPal Invoices as long as the items and shipping charges are billegal on the same invoice.  When you pay the invoice, you will be taken to PayPal to log on. It should say something about purchase protection on the page after you log on.  If it doesn't or you got cold feet, you can always back out of the checkout and go to Send & Request > Pay for goods and services and reference the invoice url and additional description of order on the payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes, there is purchase protection through PayPal Invoices as long as the items and shipping charges are billegal on the same invoice.  When you pay the invoice, you will be taken to PayPal to log on. It should say something about purchase protection on the page after you log on.  If it doesn't or you got cold feet, you can always back out of the checkout and go to Send & Request > Pay for goods and services and reference the invoice url and additional description of order on the payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Forpuccino
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much for your assistance.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.