Paypal Dispute for SERVICES That I Provided To The Client

Dev25313
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm a Digital Marketing expert by profession and one of my client had hired me for "Facebook Marketing" service and we had agreed on a fixed money every month for this. Things were going good since past 4-5 months but suddenly on 6th Sept,  client revoke my access to his Facebook ads manager account and paused the contract (however he had paid me for the entire month). He sent me an email that he is pausing the contract and he will consider me for the next project. I asked client to give me any additional work if he has as he had already paid me for the whole month so I wanted to compensate that.

In response to that, he asked me for refund but it was not possible at my end because he ended the contract without any prior notice and I already denied some other projects because I was occupied with him. Just after that, he filed a paypal dispute for past 3 months and now he is claiming that I haven't provided him anything (technically he should have filed the dispute only for current month if his intention was right). He used to pay me on 1st of every month and it was based on my performance. He had been getting sales from the campaign that I was running and that's why he was paying me.

As it was a Service so I don't have any tracking number available (I only have record of lot's of email exchange but he use different id for email communication and different id for paypal). Now paypal is asking me to select 1 of 3 options within 20 days to proceed further:-

How would you like to respond?

1. Issue the buyer with a full refund.

2. I can provide compelling evidence (e.g. tracking information for delivered goods).

3. Provide proof that the buyer has already been refunded.

Obviously I can't select 1st and 3rd options. When I choose 2nd, paypal asks me to provide tracking code of delivery (which is obviously not possible because it was Service that I had provided to him).

I would really appreciate if some expert will assist me on this. I have the record of all email communication and everytime I had sent him an invoice and then he paid me (and I had clearly mentioned in the invoice that this payment is for Facebook Marketing work).

Waiting for your advice.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dev25313

There is NO paypal seller protection for digital / virtual items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

If you can't provide tracking etc I am afraid you will most likely lose the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why can't just give customer partial refund for the month, pro-rate it.  There is absolutely nothing keeping you from just sending a refund, don't matter if it was a Preapproved payment, subscription, etc.  You got your money but if the customer wants a refund, discuss with them how much to refund without getting PayPal involved because if you do, you will lose control of the situation like you are now and may have to refund the full month or for all payments.

Buyers are not playing these days, perform your customer service or get a dispute filed on you.  If this kind of stuff happens to you a lot, then change your business model.  If it is few and far in between, be courteous, professional and negotiate a reasonable settlement.  There will always be a small percentage of loss in trade but you also try to mitigate your losses, if you can't eliminate it by simply not refunding because the customer will go over your head.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

2. I can provide compelling evidence (e.g. tracking information for delivered goods).

----------------------------------------------------------

Now,Paypal is not saying tracking information is the only compelling evidence,it said for example,tracking information for delivered goods)

The key is what is compelling evidence,if not tracking number?

Try to go through your file and see if you can provide COMPELLING EVIDENCE !

Next time,send your client something with tracking,hard copies of work performed,tracking with USPS is cheap,2-3 ounces with tracking online is only $2.60.

if after submitting COMPELLING EVIDENCE but no tracking number and you lose the dispute QUICKLY,this could be the work of the BOT-aka Paypal robot.

so APPEAL and a real person wil look into your case.

Good luck   

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You said he is using different email ID and different PAYPAL ID,

did he pay you with different Paypal IDs?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.