Paypal Activity doesn't show receipt of funds. I got email from PayPal that the buyer paid.

DFWKen
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a rather expensive camera lens.  The buyer Bought it Now and paid with PayPal.  Sounds great to this point. 

I received an email from PayPal stating that the money will be on hold until I actually ship the item and replay to the email with the tracking number. 

I expected to see  the transaction in my PayPal account activity with some notation that the funds are being held.   But no such transaction exists.  

How can I be sure that the buyer actually paid before shipping the item?  (since I can't find any confirmation in my PayPal account)

Ken

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

You should have a record of the transaction in your account Activity section - if you don't, something is not quite right.   How did you sell the item, did you send the buyer an invoice ??

Login to Me Too

DFWKen
Contributor
Contributor

Here's what I got from eBay.  Nothing in Activity yet.  

eBayeBay sent this message to dfwken (dfwken)
Your registered eBay is included to show this message originated from eBayLearn more.
Payment has been received***You can now post the item.

Dear dfwken,
 Payment has been received - You can now post the item
 You've received a payment, detailed below. We've placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction.
 eBay and PayPal are working together to make it safer than ever to buy on eBay. One of the boldest steps is to identify transactions that pose the greatest risk of fraud and holding the payments from sellers for a period of time to help ensure that the transaction go smoothly.
 We'll release the payment for the eBay item if either of the following occurs:
The shipment tracking number is received.
We confirmed item was mail by recognized courier with tracking number.(USPS Overnight Delivery).

Truncated so the text will fit in this reply

Login to Me Too

DFWKen
Contributor
Contributor

I had to truncate the previous reply because it exceeded 20,000 characters. 

Yes, he asked for a receipt showing additional cost for expedited 1-day shipment.   I sent it to him. 

This morning, I got emails from eBay and PayPal saying that it was ok to ship.    So I checked PayPal to make sure and it still shows no activity. 

I check my eBay account and it still says "awaiting payment" in Reminders.  

Looks very fishy and I'm afraid that I'm being scammed out of $4650.00!   

I sentmost of the text of the email in a previous reply. 

Ken

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.