Payment to Skype

gary59
Contributor
Contributor

I've had several emails from Paypal saying

Ive made a payment to Skype of some £46.    

Does anyone have a clue what this is. My Paypal account doesn't show this tranaction. I've binned the email.

Is it a scam.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

minty1
Advisor
Advisor
H gary59. Yes it is an ongoing scam Always log in by paypal official website, never links
Login to Me Too

gary59
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kudos, I guessed so, thanks for the prompt reply.

Cheers.

@minty1 wrote:
H gary59. Yes it is an ongoing scam Always log in by paypal official website, never links

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor
Welcome 🙂
Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest checking your PayPal Account to see if you have billing agreement setup.  If you do, you can cancel it.

Login to your PayPal Account.

• Click on "Profile".
  • Click on "My Money".
  • Look for: "My Preapproved Payments".
  • You should see: "Manage the automatic payments, subscriptions, and installment plan payments I send to merchants".
  • Click on "Update".
  • Next, you will see all active and cancelled billing agreements/subscriptions listed on the screen.
  • Click on the service-name for further action.
  • You should see on next page terms of billing agreement/subscription, how much money you have authorized service provider to deduct from your account and few other details.   Most important is link to Cancel agreement, in case if it is active.
  • Note, when you click on Cancel, you will be prompted to confirm it once again.   Click "Yes".

If there's no billing agreement, it's quite possible the emails are not from PayPal.  Hopefully you did not try to access your PayPal Account via any link in the emails.  You can always verify if the email is valid by forwarding it to the "spoof" address on this page.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/report-problem#report_suspicious_activity

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.