Payment Pending

fool28back
Contributor
Contributor

I know this topic has been beaten into the ground, but I am concerned and I need to ask.  I have also messaged Paypal support, but they haven't replied yet.

I "received" a Paypal payment for an Ebay auction nearly a week ago.  However, it is still listed as Pending here in Paypal.  I already shipped the item, included a tracking number, and it was delivered two days ago.  The status in Paypal reads "Shipped".  The USPS reads "Delivered".

Now, I understand why Paypal is holding the money, because I haven't sold on Ebay in a few years and the buyer was using a new account.  In cases such as mine, I've read they hold the payment until the carrier tracking reads "Delivered" or the buyer leaves Ebay feedback.  Is this true?  What is taking so long?  Should I have listened to Paypal and NOT shipped the item and made the buyer wait an eternity for Paypal to clear?  I don't get this system.  I'm not accepting Paypal payments anymore.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey fool28back,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community forum - I'm happy to provide any information I can to help.

When a payment shows "pending" within your transaction history, it means we're waiting for it to complete from the buyer's side. Transactions in this status are not completed, and this is why PayPal states not to ship. If the payment were received but on hold, your funds would release three days after confirmed delivery, however this is not the case for pending payments as nothing has successfully transferred through PayPal from the buyer's account to you. In these cases, if you ship the item when we state not to, you do not have Seller Protection, as the buyer can cancel the payment at any time until the status updates to completed.

I understand this is an inconvenience and a frustrating situation. I apologize for the misunderstanding, but the best option at this point would be to pursue the buyer outside of PayPal.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.