Payment Error?

mystyz
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently attempted to purchase a ring from the official Versace website for $225. For whatever reason Versace's website wasn't working with my debit card alone, so I tried to pay for it with my debit card through my PayPal account. I filled it out through PayPal, and when I submitted the payment, the Versace website said there was an error processing the payment and it didn't go through, meanwhile I received an email from PayPal titledYou submitted an order in the amount of $239.06 USD to Versace USA, Inc.". On my PayPal account, it says the order is placed, and the payment is pending, and I won't be charged until Versace completes my order, and on my PayPal mobile app it says the payment was received by Versace. In my bank account I have a debit hold for the amount I paid, from January 19 and will expire January 22. However, I never received an order confirmation email from Versace, and when I reached out to their customer support, they said they had no record of an order with my email and name, and that I should contact PayPal since it was paid through PayPal. 

Did I experience an error between Versace and PayPal when placing the order, or is all of this perfectly normal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When the PayPal payment fails the funds should eventually return to PayPal.  So, don't try to make another Vercace purchase until you are absolutely certain the funds have returned and there are no more pending purchases.  Just patiently wait.

In the meantime phone Vercace to find out the issues with there software.

When it all does get figured out then use a regular credit card on the Vercace site.

Is there a chance there are some international issues as you have provided sufficient details.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.