PayPal won't refund me 620€ because I didn't get tracking for item return.

BeastFromEast
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. This is my first post here. So what happened was I got scammed buying a used headphone amplifier (620€) and I received a chinese mp3 player in an envelope instead. Opened up a dispute on PayPal and PayPal determined I was eligible for a refund.

All I had to do was send the received item back with tracking. I did that but my local post office don't give out tracking for envelopes, only packages. Now ofc I send it in an envelope because a package is very expensive to send to foregin countries and I thought it would be fine but no. PayPal just closed my case and says that I haven't sent the tracking info. I kept responing many times that I don't have it but it should have arrived at the return address already and they say "wait for seller to confirm it has been received"

I waited but then they just close the case and keep saying I didn't give the information they required and "hopefully you can deal with the seller".

I'm absolutely furious getting scammed on Christmas ruined my whole holiday and then not being able to get a refund despite being eligible for it makes me sick to my stomach. It took ages for me tosave up for that and I just lost it because of not having tracking for a return item. What the **bleep** I'm supposed to do? The scammer won't do anything probably dancing with joy at the moment.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal is just following its published policies.  To review them, click on the "legal agreements" option at the bottom of the page.

Buying electronics is high risk.  Buying used electronics is high risk.  Buying used electronics internationally is extreme high risk.  It is critical for buyer to undersand the risks and PayPal protection.

Even if an item it returned with tracking, the buyer can still dispute and claim it is not the item originally sent.  Buyer can still loose.

In this case it was easy to r esolve in favor of seller as you didn't have tracking to show return delivery.

If you paid with a credit card (always a good idea), you could dispute with the credit card bank.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

always remember when buying overseas,you would have to return the item yourself with tracking ,and it is expensive.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Eek!  You were told to return with tracking.  Going cheap cost you more in the end.  You could have gotten part or all of the return costs reimbursed with PayPal's 'return shipping on us' program activated on your account. (Google it.)

If you could get the seller to admit receipt of return, you can appeal decision.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.