PayPal scam

Petra44
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has taken  money that a customer paid me because the customer filed a claim. Then both the customer and my received messages that our claims were denied, and PayPal kept the discputed amount. Is this a known scam they are running?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Petra44
Contributor
Contributor

I did call PayPal customer support, and they showed me that the message was sent in error, and that the money was actually refunded to my account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Petra44,

I'm sorry to hear about any confusion with your recent claim. It could be one of a couple of things. Either there were multiple claims opened by the buyer resulting in a denial message for one of the claims, or there was an error in the handling of the case.

If the buyer opened a dispute for one reason (for instance, unauthorized payment) and then subsequently attempted to dispute the transaction for a different reason (for example, Item Not Received or Significantly Not As Described), the first claim might be denied so the second claim could be processed. Similarly, if the buyer disputed via eBay and then opened a claim on PayPal, the second claim would cause the earlier claim to be closed.

On the other hand, there is certainly the chance that there may have been an error, causing a message of decline to be sent to either you or the buyer incorrectly. 

Please contact customer support to investigate the situation. A representative can get  to the bottom of what happened and either explain it, or fix it. If a mistake was made, PayPal is committed to correcting the error. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
Solved

Petra44
Contributor
Contributor

I did call PayPal customer support, and they showed me that the message was sent in error, and that the money was actually refunded to my account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Petra44,

I'm so glad to hear of the resolution! Thank you for the update!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.