PayPal permanently limited my account and cannot appeal - but I have funds on hold

kasage00
Contributor
Contributor

Without a warning, PayPal permanently limited my account and said I cannot appeal. It was for some anti-virus software that I sold on eBay. The software is legal and there are many other people selling this on eBay, and I'm sure they use PayPal too.

Other than the software, I sell many other items on eBay. I've gotten positive feedback, too. I was subject to the 21-day hold so a large amount of money is in held funds. Now that PayPal permanently limited my account, the funds cannot be withdrawn when they become available.

I've had enough of Paypal and wish to close my account because of this. How do I get the money withdrawn without waiting 6 months? There's a lot of money in my account!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You wait 180 days.

You could phone PayPal support and ask.  And then you wait 180 days.

Login to Me Too

kasage00
Contributor
Contributor

they unfairly did this as I have documentation that I am selling legal software, and there's many other people selling this too. did their accounts get limited too? They should have given me the chance to prove I have legal software. i should not have to wait 6 months for this, and I have 400 available for withdrawal. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

your money would be returned to you after 180 days,this is due to potential chargeback and disputes.

You must have done something violating Paypal policy,they dont want to do business with you anymore

Login to Me Too

kasage00
Contributor
Contributor

I do not have any charge backs or disputes. They somehow find this anti-virus software a violation and they won't tell me how it's a violation and I am selling it legally. Many others sell this too. Waiting 6 months for money I rightfully earned for other things I sell is BS. That is unjust and unfair, and should be illegal. This has been reported to my attorney along with the BBB and the CA attorney general.

I don't give a rip if PreyPal doesn't want to do business with me anymore, I feel the same way about them right back. Life goes on without PayPal. Amazon Pay and ApplePay have become more common payment methods for my online store. I'm not asking them to reinstate my account, but just to withdraw my funds, and I can agree to never open a paypal account again.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You could check the PayPal User Agreement for restricted activities.  PayPal makes it clear that violations can result in immeiate limitation with no advance notice in order to limit risk to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.