PayPal email of activation not confirmed ; Payments returned to buyers

eduardocso
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Paypal account was set up linked with bank account, unfortunatly the PayPal email of actvation at  aol.uk  (secondary network account) was not confirmed for almost 3 months. During this time happened to be sold a 6 items on Ebay by the primary email account and the items were dispatched to the buyers. But as PayPal account was still waiting for the email of actvation to be confirmed it automatcly returned all the payments transaction to the buyer's bank account..

Now i dont' even have the history of this transactions recorded in PayPal because the account wasn't fully set up yet.

How do I claim for the payment to be transfered now after almost 3 months after and if the buyers have the receipt of paid?

I have emails from aol.uk confirming the those transactions were returned.

I tried to search everywhere for more info but there's no such a similar case.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eduardocso

Did you send the goods?

If so then send an invoice to your buyers explaining that their payments were refunded by mistake.

If you did not send the goods then maybe the buyers don't want to buy the item anymore, you could ask them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eduardocso
Contributor
Contributor

Yes items were dispatched including tracking number. I messaged all these 6 buyers and requested a new payment by PayPal.

It seems like it will depend more upon buyer's honesty than protection from eBay and PayPal.

On eBay the transactions were fully complete through hotmail.com (primary account eBay linked) from both sides payment and delivery, So I cannot claim from there.

And PayPal don't even has the record statements of them because was missing to confirm the email at  aol.uk (secondary account PayPal linked)  on PayPal profile. I was already using PayPal account priviously to pay the postage tickets printed from eBay. But what missed to do was just the LAST CLICK of activation to start receiveing money.

For not pressing only one and last single click to activate receiveing money on PayPal account I risk of big loss.

Thank you very much for any info or input. many thanks. Let me know if i was not clear enough to describe the issue.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eduardocso

Unfortunately your email address identifies your paypal account so if it is not verified then it is not valid and you don't have a functioning account to receive funds.

It would then show as unclaimed on the buyers side and ''time out''  automatically at 30 days post payment as you did not claim it by verifying your email address   Smiley Sad

So yes you are going to have to rely on their honesty, good luck and hope they pay you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.