PayPal accomplice of the crime?

gnssvs
Contributor
Contributor

a seller offerd me to buy a website and some marketing. but then dilverd nothing. 

I opened a dispute and paypal let the seller keep the money!!! 

are they considerd a accomplice to the internet crime? i mean the profit off of not refunding the money cuz they take a % on evrey transaction. 

Is it worth my time filling out a police,ic3,bbb,ftc against them? 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

BFeely
Contributor
Contributor

They haven't shut down the account of G2A, a scam website that resells video game keys in violation of various Terms of Service and EULA agreements, often which have been purchased with stolen credit cards.

An Internet pirate claims PayPal knowingly accepts payments for the sale of illegal IPTV streaming devices because they get a 10% cut on the sales.

Sure, try suing them into oblivion, if you have the money, but do not expect any miracles.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It would seem obvious:  do not buy a website with PayPal funds.

What was the dispute?

Login to Me Too

gnssvs
Contributor
Contributor

well the seller didnt provide me with anything. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you file a dispute for item not received?

Login to Me Too

gnssvs
Contributor
Contributor

started as an incompllete order dispute then i apealed it saying the item was not recived. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You may need to make a phone call to change the dispute to non-receipt.  Online appeal may not be sufficient; you should get the dispute changed and a phone call is the best approach.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.