PayPal Protection Associated with Warranty Issues

Tommyyamaha
Contributor
Contributor

I just purchased a re manufactured engine for my Ford F-150 Truck.  After I received the information on where the engine came from, I started to review the company record on customer service and warranty claim resolution.  I discovered that the Better Business Bureau gave them a D- for a rating because they had 10 complaints in the past year that all were associated with warranty claims.  The company gives a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty with the engine but I am seeing that most of the claims are in the first 3 months and 1,200 miles or less.  I just want to be ready if I get similar results.  Will PayPal Buyer Protection help me with a warranty claim during the 3 years if I need them to?  I am asking this because I have read horror stories about this company.  Granted I should have done my homework before this, but the company I purchased from was a middle man and did not disclose this in their documentation.  Thanks,

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal's Buyer Protection is 180 days.   If you used a credit card for the purchase, then the credit card issuer may be able to help.  One thing to keep in mind - if the item you purchased was delivered by a 3rd party service or pickup in person - it's possible you may not be covered under Buyer Protection.   Normally items covered are ones that can be shipped, tracked and insured if applicable.    You may want check out the User Agreement.

Login to Me Too

Tommyyamaha
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, it was shipped and insured and I paid with PayPal using my debit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.