PayPal Partner Simple-BTC.com is a Scam Site -

NewJersey
Contributor
Contributor

Simple-BTC.com is a website that claims to allow you to buy Bit Coins using credit cards or PayPal.   They claim to be a PayPal partner on their web site and, in fact, that certification was the reason I trusted them.  I sent them money on July 24th.  I now see that the money was sent as a personal transaction to a person named Allison <removed>.  The immediately withdrew the funds but never filled the order.  I now see multiple other complaints about them on the internet.  

PayPal should stop processing their transactions

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Lobsterk2
New Community Member
They got me for 200$ I'm so mad . The only and repeat only reason I went with them was the "pay pal partner" .
Login to Me Too

NewJersey
Contributor
Contributor
Pay Pal is aiding their criminal activity
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

The sale of Bitcoins is not something that is allowed through the PayPal platform. If ever you want to report a site that is in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use policy, please use the reporting instructions at the bottom of that page. You can also access the Acceptable Use Policy by clicking "Legal" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

canzr
New Community Member

Ok, so how do I get my $100 back. I would have the equivalent of $550 right now if this wasn't a scam. How doesn't paypal shut down this website. Seems like they are a part of it. Please help

Login to Me Too

Duckielane
Contributor
Contributor

They actually initiated a second transaction from my PayPal account that I didn't authorize and tried to cover it up with a bogus name, Celia <removed>. They used my "order number"@simple-btc.com for payment. That's how I ended up catching it. Of course, now I'll wait and see if an unauthorized transaction is covered by PayPal's "protections."

Login to Me Too

jaked
New Community Member

how did they do this? I sent them $450 on Monday unfortunately. They responded via email to my first inquiry but have since gone dark...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.