PayPal Closes my account without reason.

akagha1
Contributor
Contributor
So PayPal asked me to submit certain documents because my account was limited. The asked me to upload proof of address, and they asked me to explain account activity. I uploaded my State ID and the first page of my bank statement as a proof of address. The second one was that they asked me to explain activities from 1/12 to 1/19. Well, between those days they stated, I didn't perform any activity (didn't send, didn't receive) so I told them that there was no activity within that frame, so I don't know what they want me to explain. Well, after uploading the docs and answering the question they asked, the next email was that my account has been closed. This is totally unfair. Why did they ask for the docs if they have already made up their mind on closing the account? And without any reason! I hope someone gives me an idea of what I should do. I am annoyed at this.
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So, phone PayPal support and ask.

No one here can see your account or the information on the documents you submitted.

No one here has information about your residential location or proof of identity.

Login to Me Too

akagha1
Contributor
Contributor
Well, they say the decision is usually final and can not be appealed. Is there any use in calling them? I mean, I have heard about other people's cases where they call them after the closure of their account, and all they say is "sorry, we had to close the account..." without really giving you any reason.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why didn't you submit a U. S. driver's license for ID?

Why didn't you submit a copy of a utility bill to verify your address?

Perhaps the documents you submitted didn't coincide with your profile information.

You are the only one who can seriously research and try to figure out the problem based on your documents, your real information, and the documents submitted.

Perhaps there was some other irregularity.

Login to Me Too

akagha1
Contributor
Contributor
I submitted my State ID because I do not have a driver's license, and I believe a state ID is also a valid form of identification. And that was what they needed for the proof of address, because they needed just a proof of address. (My address boldly and clearly written on the ID). What more could they have wanted? Was the ID fake? They couldn't verify it? Must I have a driver's license? Is everyone required and supposed to have a driver's license?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are a lot of identity parameters which PayPal uses, including residential address utility bill.  You haven't submitted that.

Login to Me Too

akagha1
Contributor
Contributor
OK, so I am an international student living in the US on a student visa. I live in the school dorms and so I do not personally pay for utilities (I'm guessing you mean something like electric and water bills). I, however, am a valid person with a valid student visa, and with a valid address which can be easily verified if they even tried to. Penalizing me for not having a utility bill is like saying I can't use PayPal simply because I am an international student. I am open to hearing about suggestions about how I am to go about obtaining a utility bill since I don't directly pay for them. What they want is to verify my address, right? What other document would suffice for utility bill in my case that serves to prove my address? Or are international student forbidden from using PayPal? I live in the school dorms, for that I am not allowed to use PayPal for the whole time I will be over here in the USA?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

why dont you ask your fellow foreign students on campus how they get around this ID business.

Login to Me Too

akagha1
Contributor
Contributor
I do have a valid ID
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

BTW,you must be 18 years old

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.