Parcel never arrived, Paypal decided against me

konstantinos86
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

On Nov 5, 2017 I ordered a phone from gearbest. On Jan 4, 2018 after long communication with gearbest and with the shipping agency (DPD UK), because the parcel is lost, I opened a dispute to paypal. On Jan 14, 2018 Paypal decided against me. So I lost my money and did not received my parcel.

What should I do now?

Does anyone knows in which situation does paypal refunds because mine should be one of them.

I am very disappointed. This situation has cost me time, money and my clarity.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
What does the tracking information show at this point? Did the seller ship with insurance?
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

konstantinos86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Thank you for your reply. Please find below a screenshot of the Tracking information.

Gearbest told me that because i have not paid more for an insurance to my parcel they cannot do anything.

And they did not help at all to try to solve the "lost parcel" matter. DPD is their partner and they should have intervent in order to help me.It is the seller's responsibility that the parcel arrives to the buyer.

What is PayPal's responsibility towards me now? Can they re-investigate my case?

tracking proof.png

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yeah, unfortunately, if you don't insure the shipment there's not much that can be done other than make some calls and bother people to help you track it down.

Gearbest seems like a pretty big site. Have you tried calling them numerous times and bothering them about it? Sometimes it just takes getting the right person on the phone that is actually willing to help (as sad as that may be.) Same goes for calling the carrier directly. I know you may feel like that's the seller's job, but if they aren't helping then it becomes your job.

Also, don't underestimate the power of social networks. Looks like Gearbest is active on Facebook/Twitter, etc. If you post some negative (but respectful) messages about your experience and tag them it could get their attention and make them want to help.
Login to Me Too

konstantinos86
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you once again for your help. I will try calling them continuesly to try to find it. But i really hoped that PayPal would be at my side in this case, i am very disappointed..
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Did they provide any details about why they closed in favor of the seller?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I would have to side with OP,it is the seller job to deliver the goods in good order to the buyer shipping address.

first is the item eligible forPAYPAL buyer protection?

did the seller ship with delivery confirmation to the address you gave him for that order?

if it is $750 or more,it should be signd for.

There is no such excuse that buyer did not buy insurance,insurance is to protect the seller,not the buyer,if buyer did not get the item,he should get his money back.

In most cases,if seller cannot come up with a tracking number showing it has been delivered to the address on the payment notice,he loses,what muddles this case seems to be the third party shipper.

what kind of tracking number is the shipper giving to the  disputed case?

you have to look into your case and see what seller uploaded as tracking number.

it must be a valid number viewable online from a commercial carrier.

I would say the Paypal robot did not handle this case correctly due to this third party shipper,I would appeal and have a person look into it.

what is the tracking number and what carrier did they use?

Does PAYPAL ROBOT know how to get to the website to verify tracking?

----------

if you are not happy with Paypal and you paid with your credit card,then file chargeback with your cc issuer.

unlike Paypal,some one will look into it and you can even talk to her.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I dont know who is gearbest.com ,but their response is not professional retailer,no retailer would ever say you did not buy enough or none insurance,insurance protectes the seller,buyer needs no insurance,he gets his entire payment back if thee is no delivery of his order.

Can you imagine Bestbuy,Macy,Target,Walmart all wash their hands and said you did not buy insurance?

most retailers use UPS or Fed Exp in USA and they either insure with the carrier if offered or have a third party insurer policy which they report monthly.

Login to Me Too

konstantinos86
Contributor
Contributor

@Whac-A-Mole wrote:

I dont know who is gearbest.com ,but their response is not professional retailer,no retailer would ever say you did not buy enough or none insurance,insurance protectes the seller,buyer needs no insurance,he gets his entire payment back if thee is no delivery of his order.

Can you imagine Bestbuy,Macy,Target,Walmart all wash their hands and said you did not buy insurance?

most retailers use UPS or Fed Exp in USA and they either insure with the carrier if offered or have a third party insurer policy which they report monthly.

Thats my point. How did paypal decided in against me?????

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
I think we all agree that the seller SHOULD be responsible. I try to focus on what we have to work with now, though. The package is not insured, so it's going to need to be tracked down. If the seller isn't helping, then it's up to the buyer to take the next steps to try and resolve the situation on their own, and never buy from that seller again in the future. Seller's loss.

He already said he lost the claim, so harping on that won't do much good either. He also provided the tracking and the carrier info which shows the package is simply lost.

Again, if the seller isn't going to help, and PayPal has already closed in favor of the seller (which I would definitely be curious about the details of why) then you can either spend time/energy fighting them about it or trying to track it down on your own. In my experience that energy is better used dealing with the carrier on my own. In most cases they will help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.