Paid for Spiritual Work through Paypal and it was a scam

Txa1395

Hi All,

I paid for spiritual work during the month of June and the month of September, it is in the thousands. This person didn't teach me what she told me she was going to teach me. This is complicated because this isn't a physical item. Sessions were held over the phone. For our last conversation and session, I was never contacted by her again which was supposed to take place in December. We are well past the holiday's now and she has never contacted me. I want all of my money back for all of her fake services. Please let me know if I can get the money back(It was paid under goods and services). 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Due to the length of time that has passed since the payments occurred and the fact that it was a service provided I highly doubt you're going to be able to get your money back.

If you used a credit card as the funding source you could try filing a dispute with the credit card company.

It's going to be very tough to argue and prove that you were not provided with the service the seller said they would provide, though. "Spiritual Work"..?? That is an awfully open ended service.

Was there a contract of any sort in place?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Txa1395

Hi,

There was no contract, we would speak over the phone and she would counsel me on current life situations and issues.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
If you weren't getting what you wanted out of it why have you waited so long to dispute it, and why did you do multiple sessions?

Login to Me Too

Txa1395

I didn't realize it until it has long past and I was really busy with school. She gave me spiritual exercises to do that never worked or that she said would take time to manifest which they didn't. 

Login to Me Too

Txa1395

I paid for one transaction with my credit card and one with my bank account information. So just talk to my bank about the one I paid for with my credit card? and talk to paypal for the one I paid for with my bank account information?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Honestly, it sounds to me like you got what you paid for, which sounds like it was really nothing more than maybe some information on prayer and belief, or meditation, or positive thinking, or all of the above..??

If you really want to try and fight it, though, you can file a dispute with your credit card company. The one you paid with your bank you would have to file a dispute through PayPal, and they're not going to cover you on this sort of thing. The card company probably won't either, quite frankly, but they might.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.