Package was delivered to an old (deleted) address

klpmommy
New Community Member

I ordered an item, and paypal gave the seller an old address that I had deleted six months prior.  The seller shipped the item to the old address, and I am out the $220.  Paypal had provided the correct address on previous transactions, so I know they had the correct address.  

I've gone through the resolution process, and have been told that this is a seller problem, not a paypal problem.  But the seller is not at fault, they sent the item to the address paypal provided.

I have two questions:

1) Is there anything paypal will do to resolve this mistake, a $220 loss is pretty significant.

2) Is there any way I can ensure this doesn't happen in the future?  Paypal shows my current (correct) address as my only address, so I don't know why an old address was provided to the seller.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

In the future make sure you verify the shipped to address on your PayPal receipt so if there's an issue the seller can stop the package before the shipping service accepts it. There are package intercept services that some shipping services provide should this happen again.

There isn't a way to edit or delete these addresses from your profile, they will need to be removed by PayPal Support.

Try this, contact PayPal Support and tell them you would like to "delete old hidden gift addresses" from your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

ming387
Contributor
Contributor

Did you buy the item through a website or ebay that is still using your old address? I think that may be the case.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.