Ordered a item and was sent the wrong item after payment

Philinwood
Contributor
Contributor

I registered a complaint in the Resolutions Department and they responded back and told me to ship it back at my own expense !  I didn't make any error- the seller did. I think seller should pay return shipping because they **bleep** up.  And to make it worse- 1) Seller would not respond when I contacted them by email to see about straightening things out

2) Seller "tricked" me- I originally founf them through Ebay and when I inquired about buying their product with a small modification, they sent me an invoice thru Paypal that WAS NOT cxhanneled through Ebay (I wasn't aware of this) so they violated Ebay terms

3) I called their phone number from the Invoice- bogus phone number- some kids phone number.  

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Philinwood
Contributor
Contributor

unless seller lies and says item was damaged or something like that.  Normally I wouldn't be concerned, but undser these circumstances (fake phone #, 2 mailing addresses in different states, non responsive to inquiries etc) 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

ifyou HAVE bought it on Ebay,Ebay will make him pay return shipping,but this is not an Ebay transaction.

you said you were tricked to buy off Ebay,in order to send you a Paypal invoice outside Ebay,he must haev your Paypal email address and the only way to get it is FROM YOU.

If you dont want to pay return shipping,resell it and recover your cost

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If it makes you feel better-

Paypal is a payment processor,it can reverse payments but it cannot take more than it received,only Ebay can,ebay would charge his Ebay seller account for the return shipping,but yours is not an Ebay transaction.

download a copy of Paypal terms and agreement,there are a lot of useful information for both buying and selling

Login to Me Too

Philinwood
Contributor
Contributor

I'm done with Paypal.  Paypal sucks and so do rude people like you who are a part of Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.