Ordered a item and was sent the wrong item after payment

Philinwood
Contributor
Contributor

I registered a complaint in the Resolutions Department and they responded back and told me to ship it back at my own expense !  I didn't make any error- the seller did. I think seller should pay return shipping because they **bleep** up.  And to make it worse- 1) Seller would not respond when I contacted them by email to see about straightening things out

2) Seller "tricked" me- I originally founf them through Ebay and when I inquired about buying their product with a small modification, they sent me an invoice thru Paypal that WAS NOT cxhanneled through Ebay (I wasn't aware of this) so they violated Ebay terms

3) I called their phone number from the Invoice- bogus phone number- some kids phone number.  

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Philinwood
Contributor
Contributor
It's bogus . everyone thinks it's the gold standard until they have a problem. Then they find out. Everyone utilized Paypal- why? For protection. But it only protects seller. Buyers have no idea.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I use PayPal for payment processing, not protection.  I also would question sellers before making  risky purchase; a phone call is best.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

i dont understand why you blame Paypal ?It is Paypal policy,if you want to return something after winning the dispute,then you pay return shipping.

now if the seller said he will pay,then deal with him.

One Ebay seller put it this way-we dont pay return shipping,if you buy something from a brck and mortar store,and want to return it,do you ask the store t o come to your house to get it or you drive to the store to return it.

unfortunately she is selling on Ebay,and Ebay return policy trumps her.

In YOUR Case,yours is outside Ebay.

if you are so concerned with the cost of return,then buy from reputable store like Norstrom,Bestbuy,Home Depot etc,not fly by night indivudals with a website.

Login to Me Too

Philinwood
Contributor
Contributor

The seller advertises that THEY WILL PAY (don't you read) return shipping.  But Paypal says I pay return shipping.  Seller's Phone # was bogus- some little kid answered (don't you read?) And when I  emailed seller they did not respond.   So sellere is hiding behind Paypal and Paypal does nothing.   This will happen again and Paypal is complicit to a seller who is dishonest. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Philinwood

If the seller promised to pay return shipping then your issue is with the seller, not PayPal.  PayPal never promised to pay return shipping and it is not PayPal's policy to enforce seller policies; that's for you, the buyer, to manage.

Next time use better judgment with your purchases.

Login to Me Too

Philinwood
Contributor
Contributor

and can I really have confidence that they will indeed issue a refund upon receiving the item even with tracking?  I have zero confidence that if there is a further dispute that Paypal will back me up. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is a payment processor,not Judge Judy ,if seller said he will pay return shipping,then ask him to pay for return shipping.

You use your judgment to buy from this seller,you trust what he told you about the merchandise and return policy,no one forces you to buy.

if you cant afford return shipping cost,then dont buy here and buy there from unknown sites and sellers,go to a real brick and mortar store,nothing is going to change Paypal policy.

THere is small claims court if you think it is worth your time .

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DPCreations

Even if you pay return shipping WITH tracking there will be more risks.

----------------------------------------------------------

if you open a case with Paypal and Paypal ask you to return the item with tracking.

Then you return the item and upload the tracking to the open case.

when tracking shows it has been delivered ,either seller refund you or Paypal robot will do it for him.if payment involved is $750 or more,signatire is required.

I cant think of more risk if you do what I outlined above.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

The "more risks" is that the seller appeals the approved return as not the correct item or some other reason (real or conived) and then PayPal starts a new review process.  The "more risks" includes the potential for loss in the mail.

Login to Me Too

Philinwood
Contributor
Contributor

That's what I thought you would say.  Thanks for confirming. Prior to this, never having any contested Paypal purchases (100% of my  previous Paypal purchases were on Ebay) , I assumed Paypal was this great service that protected buyers.  Apparently they aren't They are **bleep** and protect fly-by night sellers and not rock solid purchasers like me who have never stiiffed anybody and who have an impeccable purchase history and a credit rating that can't be any higher. 

I don't know why anyone uses Paypal unless they absolutely have to.  My eyes are open now. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.