Opened a dispute and returned item, afraid of the seller not getting it due to christmas holidays

guilhermeg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I emailed the seller 2 weeks ago asking for a refund, as I was not happy with the product but he didn't answer me so I opened a dispute yesterday, he replied really quick (like an hour later), offering me a similar product in exchange for the item I bought plus the price difference which it costs more.

I refused so he said I could return the item that he will refund me but now the bad part, he also said to close the dispute since he wrote that he will refund as soon as he gets the item back, i found this strange and searched on google where i found that you should never close a dispute before getting a refund, it's a very dirty move from the seller to get the items back and keep the money.

I must say I was shocked and still shocked and feel scammed because of this move from the owner itself of a well known business in UK (with more than 170k likes on facebook if that even matters)  i still can't believe he is tarnishing his business reputation.

Now my fear is the dispute ends on 9th january so I went to the post today to send the item back but after that i realized that the business maybe closed next week and i'm afraid of the item not getting delivered and be returned or destroyed as it happened with another thing I bought from the internet.

The item was sent with tracking number and acknowledgment of receipt so I feel more safe.

What can I do in this situation ? Should I escalate to a claim if the item is not delivered or there's a problem with the seller of some sort ?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

guilhermeg
Contributor
Contributor

Updating the topic, I escalated the dispute since they got the item and didn't refund me not even message.

Gave them 1 week and nothing, escalated the dispute, next day they sent me an email that they couldn't refund only reply my messages in paypal (funny that they sent an email and didn't reply through paypal, i wonder why...) they said to wait for paypal to resolve it or I cancel it and they refund on the same day.

Should I post the email that they sent me on paypal chat or should I wait for their time to run out, since the claim status is waiting for their reply.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.