Opened Paypal dispute but case got closed.

Rbathija
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
I am from India and 3 days ago i purchased an product from a guy, product was of $260 and then i created an dispute for that case but looks like that case got closed today and i lost. I called paypal customer care and they said they can't do anything and i have to go to bank for chargeback. I went to bank and wrote an application, the manager itself told me that it will be very hard to get chargeback! I also looked on google and found that chargebacks generally get on credit cards while i have debit card. I called paypal again so that maybe they will open another case but **bleep**! they were not ready. So that means maybe i lost $260 and that scammer is enjoying my money.
Any advice would be really helpful.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Where is the "guy" from whom you purchased?

Did this "guy" send you a PayPal invoice?

Did you buy from a web site?

How did you pay?

How did this guy ship the product?

What was the dispute your filed?

Did you escalate the dispute to a claim?

Login to Me Too

Rbathija
Contributor
Contributor

That "guy" was from europe and he sent me invoice which i accepted, i didn't pay through any website. He sent me invoice and i paid through it. Product was instagram account and i claimed it to be unauthorized as buying/selling ig accts is not legal i guess.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You bought a virtrual item; it was not delivered.

Open a PayPal dispute for item not received.

In future don't buy virtual items; they are high risk.

Login to Me Too

Rbathija
Contributor
Contributor
Selling/Buying instagram accts is not legal so i was afraid that i might lose the account too!
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why are you buying an Instagram account.  Thought those accounts are free.  Do you not have Instagram in India?

You can only open one case or dispute per transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Rbathija wrote:

That "guy" was from europe and he sent me invoice which i accepted, i didn't pay through any website. He sent me invoice and i paid through it. Product was instagram account and i claimed it to be unauthorized as buying/selling ig accts is not legal i guess.

you should open a case of item not received,not unauthorised .

Unauthorised means it is not you who made the purchase which is not correct.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.