No help on claim. Being scammed.

nsampone
New Community Member

I bought a few items from an eBay seller in China. Shortly after buying, I started to hear bad things about him on a website I frequent. There was a thread literally called "China eBay Seller Check" and multiple people were calling out this seller as 'turning rogue' - ie. scamming customers. Within the past two weeks, this guy went from 0 negatives on eBay to 31 and most of them talk about incomplete/fake addresses, causing items to bounce back and forth from post office to post office without being delivered. 

My items came out of NY customs on the 8th. Spent two days in NYC. Spent 3 days to travel 3 hours north (to Albany, NY).  Then it sat for a day. it spent three days "in transit" to travel 40 minutes to Amsterdam, NY. Then it showed up in NYC again and is back at "in transit." Because it's updating to say "in transit," as USPS automatically does every single day.... Paypal claims they can't do anything about it. Yet, I've talked to other people in similar positions who had no problem getting a refund. It's infuriating. Every agent I talked to sounds like they're reading from a script. And now, the seller removed all of his items from eBay and is not selling anything. But hey, my tracking number updates daily to say "in transit...." Paypal claims seem to be worthless. Piece of advice, just do an eBay claim. Don't bother with these guys. They aren't listening to anything you have to say.

I've been told by people with successful refunds to keep calling until I find someone who will listen to the facts / natively speaks english, but I've called 3 times and spoke to 4 people (one supervisor). No luck. It was like talking to a wall. Just "our computer shows the package is in transit" over and over and over. Any ideas how to talk to a real person, who can actually get something done? Not a foreigner reading a script?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.